A sugar free coconut cake perfect for Spring! With all that yummy taste of “real” sugar!
- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup of oat fiber (if you do not have this you can try using about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of coconut flour instead… try the smaller amount first).
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (for more coconut flavor) softened to room temp
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 cup of THM Gentle Sweet (or 2/3 cup of Truvia or Pyure or 1 cup of xylitol or Swerve)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of vanilla flavor
- 1/2 tsp almond flavor
- 1– 8 oz package of room temp cream cheese (you can add two cream cheese packages if you like a lot of frosting… just add about 1/4 cup more Gentle Sweet or two tbsp. more Truvia or Pyure or 1/2 cup more Swerve or Xylitol)
- 1 cup of unsalted room temp butter (two sticks)
- 1 cup of THM Gentle Sweet (or 3/4 cup of Truvia or Pyure or 1 1/2 cup of Swerve or Xylitol)
- 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of coconut shreds (unsweetened)
- 1/2 tsp of almond flavor
- 1 tsp of vanilla flavor
- a pinch of salt
- **Optional, if you want to add more bulk to frosting you can add about 1/2 cup of coconut cream.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two 8″ round baking pans with coconut oil spray or coat with butter.
- Place parchment paper at the bottom of coated pans.
- Spray with coconut oil spray or butter.
- Mix butter and sweetener, vanilla & almond flavor together till fluffy.
- Add sour cream and coconut oil and mix.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add all the dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Batter will be thicker.
- Scoop batter evenly into each coated pan.
- Place in oven to bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Check at around 20 minutes.
- Take out if cakes come out clean when tested with a knife or toothpick.
- For frosting mix butter, cream cheese and sweetener together well.
- Add in the flavorings. heavy whip and 3/4 cup of the coconut shreds (you can add all the coconut if you do not want to toast any coconut for the top).
- Take cakes out and allow to cool completely before icing.
- Place one of the cakes on a cake stand.
- Frost the inside.
- Place the other cake on top of the frosting.
- Frost the top and sides.
- Toast up the 1/4 a cup of coconut shreds in a skillet with 2 tsps. of butter and 1 tbsp. sweetener.
- Mix until it browns nicely.
- Place on a napkin to get off excess butter.
- Sprinkle on top of cake.
- Should feed 10.
- PS… I made a revision to this cake because I had added coconut flour to the list by mistake but didn’t actually use it.
- Serving Size: 10