A tangy, sweet, and scrumptious Key Lime Pie that is not only gluten free but nut free, sugar free, and low carb. AND IT TASTES GOOD!!!
- Make Pie Crust… the link is up in blog post.
- I made it THM by using 2 tbsp of THM Gentle Sweet (you can use the same amount Truvia or Pyure Stevia) instead of honey and adding about 1 tbsp more of coconut flour.
- Press the crust into a well greased pie pan with your fingers.
- Spread it out well.
- Cook like recipe says.
- Key Lime Filling-
- 1 – 8 oz package of room temp cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of THM Gentle Sweet or Truvia or Pyure Stevia (add more for xylitol or Swerve)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Juice from half a lime (save other half for whipped topping)
- Lime zest from 2 limes use most of it in this filling save the rest for whipped topping.
- 1/4 tsp of xantham gum or 1/2 tsp of gluccie (this is optional but does help it thicken)
- Whipped topping-
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of THM Gentle Sweet or your favorite sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Juice of half a lime (that you saved)
- Lime zest (same a sprinkle for the very top)
- Bake pie crust as recipe says.
- Allow pie crust to cool completely.
- Mix all Key Lime Filling together until smooth.
- If adding the xantham gum or gluccie add it in last.
- Pour into the cooled pie crust and smooth around.
- Mix up the whipped topping.
- Pour over pie filling.
- Sprinkle a little lime zest on top.
- Place in the fridge to cool and harden.
- Serving Size: 8