A rich and creamy chicken soup. Perfect for that comfort food craving!! An S soup if following Trim Healthy Mama!
- 3 chicken breasts- cut up into cubes
- 2 tbsp. of oil for pan
- 1 zucchini cut up
- 1/2 cup of butter (one stick)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup of mixed frozen veggies
- 2/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 or more cups of water or chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- *Optional- chopped fresh Kale (I added to my soup bowl at the end)
- Heat a big dutch oven with the oil.
- Chop the chicken & zucchini & onion.
- Add the chicken and vegetables to the pot.
- Add the mixed frozen vegetables.
- Cook until chicken is done.
- Add butter, cream, spices, and water or broth to the pot.
- Allow to cook to simmer for 30 minutes on low.
- You can add a bunch of chopped kale to the soup or to your bowl!
- Serving Size: 4