A delicious low carb, gluten free version of this Thanksgiving classic!
- 4 large yellow summer squashes chopped into chunks
- 1/2 an onion chopped small
- 1 medium carrot grated (this is optional)
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 8oz package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup half & half or heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Filling & Topping
- 1 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. THM Gentle Sweet (or 1/2 tbsp. Truvia, or 2 tsp THM Sweet Blend, more for Xylitol or Erythitol)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Chop all vegetables.
- In a sauce pan, place the butter on medium and allow to melt and heat up.
- Mix in the squash and onion.
- Cook down for 5 to 7 minutes on medium.
- Add in the cream cheese & cream or half and half.
- Stir till melted and combined.
- Add in seasonings and mix.
- Add cheese and carrots.
- Preheat oven to 375 degress.
- Mix together the Filling and Topping ingredients.
- Reserve 1/2 a cup for the topping.
- Mix in the other part into the squash mixture.
- Place in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining topping.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes
- The Carrot is optional. I like the taste of it but it’s optional.
- Serving Size: 8