An easy, yummy, one-pot Texmex soup that is sure to please!
- 3 large chicken breast chopped in small bites
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 an onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 cups of frozen okra
- 10 cups of fat free chicken broth
- 2 small 6 oz cans of tomato paste
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of chili powder (start small and see if you can handle more after it’s cooked)
- 1 tbsp. of cumin powder
- 1–2 tsp of mineral salt or salt to taste
- 1 tsp of pepper
- **Optional 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese mixed into soup (if going for an S)
- In a big pot put the oil on medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion & garlic and cook.
- Add in the chopped chicken and cook.
- Add in the okra and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in the spices and mix well.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Allow to simmer until vegetables are cooked through.
- If you are going for an S then you can add the cheese at the end.
- If you are going for an E or FP keep the cheese off and top with cilantro or greek yogurt or blue corn tortilla chips or salsa or brown rice.
- S toppings- more cheese, avocado, cilantro, salsa.
- Serving Size: 6