A wonderful alternative to the “white flour fried pickle”! Yummy, crunchy, salty, with that dill flavor! And your THMers can enjoy as an S.
- 1 small jar of sliced Dill pickles- drained and patted dry with a paper towel (try to get the thicker sliced dill pickles)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of almond flour or meal (I used meal but flour might be better)
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Oil for frying (I used Olive Oil)
- Drain and pat dry the pickles.
- Whisk up the eggs on a separate plate.
- Mix all dry ingredients on a separate plate.
- Coat pickles in the egg.
- Place pickles into the almond flour batter and coat each side.
- You can repeat this step if you like a thicker batter which is what I did the first time.
- Heat your oil to medium high.
- Gently place into the oil using long tongs.
- Allow pickles to turn a golden brown on one side then flip.
- It doesn’t take a long time. Less than a minute each side.
- Place fried pickles on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- You can sprinkle with more parm or a little more salt if you like.
- Whip up the French Onion Dip and ENJOY!
- You can use a fry daddy if you have one of those, just gently place the pickles in so it does not lose it’s batter.