Taco Salad Crunch is NOT boring…. it’s the full deal, flavor, crunch, beautiful! Low fat and gluten free too!
- 2 lbs very lean ground white turkey meat cooked
- taco seasoning
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 can of drained black beans
- 1 can of drained pinto beans
- 1 can of drained corn
- 1/2 a head of lettuce
- 1/3 cup of diced red onion
- 24 baked blue corn tortilla chips crunched slightly (if you do not have any of the baked blue tortillas you can toast up low carb or sprouted tortillas or Joseph Lavash Breads or Pitas or even add a few crunched Wasa crackers for that crunch)
- Italian Dressing
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (extra virgin)
- 3 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp of lemon pepper (or just plain pepper)
- 1/4 tsp of THM Sweet Blend or 1/2 tsp truvia or Pyure Stevia (if using xylitol add 1 tsp or if using liquid stevia add 1/2 a dropper full which is what I used)
- Cook the turkey meat and add taco seasoning.
- All meat to sit and cool slightly.
- Drain the cans of beans and corn.
- Put ground turkey and beans and corn in a big bowl.
- Cut up lettuce, tomatoes, & red onion.
- Mix up the dressing.
- Add the salad to the meat, beans, corn.
- Pour Dressing over and mix.
- Add in the crunched chips and serve!
- *** You could double the dressing and be ok too!
- This should serve 6.
- Serving Size: 6