Creamy Bisque Soup– this is such a cold weather comfort food. One of my favorite soups! It’s creaminess is so good!
It also has a little tart and a little sweet as well.
This is one of those really easy dishes that can be ready so quickly, especially if you have pre-cooked meats to go with it.
For the protein I would recommend you use either Chicken, Shrimp, Crab or Lobster.
This is an S soup for my Trim Healthy Mama friends.
It’s also fairly budget friendly if you use chicken and has simple ingredients.
Hope you enjoy and if you would like to purchase the THM Gentle Sweet that I used as a sweetener, you can purchase through my affiliate link >HERE<.Print
Creamy Bisque Soup
Creamy Bisque Soup- a THM S soup that is perfect for the cold weather. Comforting, filling and also low carb.
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 3 large celery stalks chopped small
- 1/2 an onion chopped small
- 1/2 a red bell pepper chopped (optional)
- 6 oz of cream cheese
- 2 cups of chicken broth (more if you want it thinner)
- 4 tbsp. of heavy whipping cream
- 5–6 tbsp. of tomato paste depending on how much of a tomato flavor you like.
- 1/2 tsp of thyme
- 1/2– 1tsp of THM Gentle Sweet or you favorite sweetener (more if erythitol or xylitol, 1/2 tsp if using Truvia or Pyure)
- 2 dashes of Worchestershire Sauce
- 3 to 4 dashes of red pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, crab, shrimp, crawfish, or lobster. (completely your choice)
- Parmesan cheese to top it off.
- Chop the celery and onion and bell pepper.
- Turn on medium heat a soup pot.
- Add the butter.
- Once butter has melted add the vegetables and cook till tender.
- Add the cream cheese and tomato paste, mix till melted.
- Add in the spices, heavy whip and the chicken broth.
- Add the dashes of Worchestershire sauce.
- Allow to simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the cooked protein in the last 10 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese on top.
- Serving Size: 4
Oh yum! I can’t wait to try this! I made your enchiladas last week and they were so good!
Phallin Marie says
This is AH-mazing!! Truly, thank you so much!!
This recipe looks great ~ can’t wait to try it? Where, oh where did you find the little metal salt and pepper caddy?
I love the salt and pepper holders!! My daughter bought those for me from a little locally owned store in San Marcos, TX called CenterPoint. 🙂
Would this work in the crock pot?
Hmm… I think it would but I would wait till the end for the heavy cream… maybe the last 15 minutes!
Dolly @ Young Homemakers says
This looks AMAZING! I haven’t had bisque in so long! I think I’ll be making some soon. 😀
Thanks so much! 🙂
This is a staple in my home and have shared the recipe with many friends. I love this soup!!
Question, can I freeze it? I could add the protein when I re-heat it. I’d like to make it ahead and freeze for a trip we’re taking.
I believe you can but I have not tried it.