(This post contains affiliate links.)
Deviled Chick Eggs or PEEP Eggs like I like to call them… are sooooooo cute!!!
Really easy to make and fun for kids to do as a spring activity!
They also make a great festive party favor for a baby shower! How cute would that be!!
We used a Wilton 4B tip and a Wilton piping bag, but you could use a ziplock bag and even cut a 1/2″ off the corner.
If you are a Trim Healthy Mama & planning on bringing these to an awesome party… these are an S. 😀
If you would like to purchase Wilton Tips or Bags through my affiliate link here you go:
Deviled Chick Eggs (THM S)
- Yield: 16 1x
Cute little festive Deviled “Chick” Eggs that are perfect for a baby shower or party!
- 10 eggs boiled and placed in ice water immediately after boiling for 15 minutes
- 5 tbsp. of a good quality mayo like Duke’s Mayo
- 2 tsp Mustard
- THM Mineral Salt & Pepper to taste
- 32 peppercorns
- 1 small jar of Pimento pieces
- Boil eggs for 15 minutes.
- Drain eggs and immediately place in a bowl of ice water.
- Peel eggs.
- Cut eggs in half and take out the yolks.
- Discard or eat two of the egg whites.
- Add the mayo, mustard, salt & pepper to the yolks.
- Mix well or use a hand held mixer to get all the lumps out.
- Place yolk mixture in a piping bag or ziplock bag.
- Pipe a little into the pockets of the egg whites.
- Add two tiny peppercorns as eyes and a pimento as the beak.
- The peppercorns & pimento add a yummy flavor to the eggs.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Place in a nest or on a deviled egg plate.
- Everyone will love these little guys!!
This is very timely and perfect for Easter. Will definitely include this on our menu. Hopefully, I can make it look this cute since I am positive this will be a huge hit this Sunday. Thank you for the inspiration.