A quick and easy crockpot meal! Start this at 9:30-10:00 am and by 5:00 pm or sooner you are ready to eat!
Chop onions & garlic. Put on bottom of crockpot. Add the turkey or hamburger meat, rotel, and taco seasoning on top. Pour a little water in. Set the crockpot on low. You are done!
You can stir this when you get home or after a couple of hours.
Now all you need are taco sides; cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce and or homemade guac.
Easy Crockpot Tacos
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 6
- Total Time: 16 minutes
A quick and easy crockpot meal!
- 2 lbs ground meat (I used very low fat ground Turkey Meat)
- 1 can of rotel
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 to 3 tbsp. Taco Seasoning (look up my homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe)
- Sour Cream
- Homemade Guacamole
- Put chopped onion and garlic in the bottom of crockpot.
- Add your frozen or thawed ground meat on top.
- Pour one can of rotel into the crockpot.
- Add the 2 to 3 tbsp. of Taco Seasonings to the meat.
- Add water.
- Set Crockpot on low and allow to cook for 6 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- Prepare your taco sides.
- For homemade guacamole. Cut up 2 to 3 avocados.
- Mash avocados in a bowl.
- Chop one small tomato to diced.
- Chop 1/4 cup red onion.
- Chop a small handful of cilantro.
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 a lime over avocados.
- Mix all together.
- Add 2 tsps. of Taco Seasoning & Salt to taste.
- Serving Size: 8
Is the meat frozen or thawed/raw when you add it to the crockpot?
I would say thawed, although I have used frozen before. If you can break it up throughout the day that would be good… and make sure you cook for at least 6 hours maybe longer!
Do you brown the ground beef/Turkey first?
You can if you are in a hurry… otherwise I would break it up real good… maybe stir throughout the day and cook at least 6 hours.
Is this an E or an S meal? I’m new to THM and have not quite figured out how to tell yet 🙂
If using ground beef it is an S unless you use really lean (95%) and pour off and rinse the fat. Otherwise you can use ground turkey (breast meat) and it can be an E. 🙂
Susie LaBelle says
Hi ~ just wondering what kind of tortilla you use (in that last picture)? Loving your menu plans 🙂
I use Mission Low Carb Whole Wheat with 3 carbs per tortilla! 🙂