Green Chile’ Chicken Casserole is NOT just another boring casserole! It’s MY FAVORITE casserole to date!
Not too much spice but LOADS of favor! Cilantro, Chile’, Jalapeno (just a little), ah YUM! If you live in Texas those items are pretty much staples on our plates…
But even if you don’t, it’s a great casserole to try out! AND what makes it even better is that it’s THM friendly! Woohoo… and if you aren’t sure what THM is… go check it out and order the book at TRIM HEALTHY MAMA (my affiliate link)! Yep, because it has cheese & sour cream it’s an S.
This can be made super easy by using cooked shredded chicken and cooked spaghetti squash!
I will tell you a little secret… I cooked my spaghetti squash in the microwave. I poked holes in it, put it on high for 20 minutes, cut in half and scraped all the seeds out. So easy. I love spaghetti squash so much!
NOW LET ME TELL YOU, this sauce is AMAZING!!! It’s good to have on hand to just dip veggies in! FOR REAL!
** Note- if you can make extra of the sauce, do it! It tastes like the Creamy Jalapeno Ranch from Chuys! It’s great to drizzle etra over the top of the casserole or a salad dressing or veggie dip.
Mix the shredded chicken, spaghetti squash, and 1/2 the sauce together along with cheese.
Last, place in an casserole dish, cover with cheese and foil, bake away!
Serve this yumminess with guacamole, salsa, a salad or by it’s self! 🙂 OH and use the extra sauce to pour on top… HEAVEN!
A casserole full of flavor! With a creamy sauce to add to the top, you will be in flavor heaven!
- To make a 2 quart baking dish size-
- 3 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 medium spaghetti squash cooked, seeded, set aside
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese (or more if you like it very cheesy)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper taste
- 1 small can of green chile’s
- 1/2 cup chopped onions (optional)
- 1 – 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 big handful of cilantro
- 1 large jalapeno (you can use a small one instead) seeded
- 1 large clove of garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- **Note- I would recommend making a double batch of the sauce… it’s sooo good to drizzle over the top of the casserole! You can always save it for tacos or veggie dip or even a salad dressing! Tastes like the Jalapeno Ranch Dressing from Chuys!
- Cook & shred chicken.
- Cook & remove seeds of spaghetti squash and set aside.
- Add all the sauce ingredients into a blender.
- Blend well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the shredded chicken, green chile’s, spaghetti squash, half of the cheese and half of the sauce mixture together.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted through.
- Serve with more sauce on top, salsa, guacamole or salad on the side.
- Serving Size: 6