(This post may contain affiliate links from Amazon or Trim Healthy Mama.)
-Lemon Blackberry Cake-
I am so happy to introduce you to this yummy cake! Isn’t it pretty? I made it because I was craving lemon pound cake something awful! Came up with this and had to add a topping. That’s where the blackberries came into play and I am sooo happy that it worked so well!
This would be such a beautiful cake for a shower or event! Especially for those who want to keep to Trim Healthy Mama or Low Carb!
It’s such a summery cake! Lemon just says SUMMER!
My husband said that the cake tastes like the Lemon Loaf Pound Cake from Starbucks… and we all know that that one is FULL of sugar. No pounds are coming of there but with this Lemon Blackberry Cake you can have your cake and eat it too!
For my Trim Healthy Mama friends this is an S meal! I use the THM Baking Blend as the main “flour” with almond flour in it too. If you do not have the baking blend you can try making your own. Here is a recipe that many of my friend’s have tried and love: Nili’s Baking Mix
I also use the THM Gentle Sweet because it’s my favorite. Look for the notes on using other sweetener.
If you would like to purchase the THM Products I mentioned you can through my affiliate link below:
Lemon Blackberry Cake
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 30 minutes
A summery Lemony cake that is low carb and sugar free and sure to please!
- 1 1/2 cups of THM Baking Blend
- 1 cup of fine almond flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp mineral salt
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of room temp unsalted butter (if you only have salted just leave the salt out)
- 3/4 cup of THM Gentle Sweet (or 1 cup of Swerve or Xylitol or 1/2 cup of Truvia or Pyure or 1/3 cup of THM Super Sweet)
- Zest of two medium lemons
- Juice of two medium lemons
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cashew milk or almond milk or coconut milk
- 5 room temperature eggs
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- 1/4 cup of THM Gentle Sweet (or 1/3 cup of Swerve or Xylitol or 3 tbsps. Truvia or Pyure or 1 tbsp. THM Super Sweet)
- Berry Topping-
- 1 1/4 cup of blackberries washed (reserve 1/4 a cup for cake decoration)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 or 3 tbsp. of THM Gentle Sweet
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
Cake batter directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9X13 cake pan with coconut spray or rub well with butter.
- Mix dry ingredients of batter and set aside.
- Mix butter, cream cheese and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in the zest, juice, vanilla, and cashew milk.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Add the dry mixture to this and mix until combined.
- Pour in the cake mixture into the pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Once finished allow to cool completely before adding topping.
- Mix the topping ingredients together with a hand held mixer until you get a frosting consistency.
- About 2 minutes.
- Place 1 cup of berries and all other ingredients into a sauce pan.
- Cook on medium high heat until bubbly.
- Mash berries.
- Cook again until boiling.
- Turn heat off and pour into a small bowl to pour on each piece.
- Once cake has cooled top with the heavy whip topping.
- This mixture does not cover all the sides just a thin layer on top.
- Once spread add the reserved blackberries right on top.
- Cut slices and spoon the blackberry sauce over it.
- Serving Size: 12
Mandy Blaich says
Hi there! So I bought all the ingredients to make this amazing desert but realized I don’t have anymore baking blend ack!!! Do you know if you could use all almond flour or Brianna’s baking mix and if so what the measurements would be? Thanks so much for all of your help!!
I think if Briana’s blend is like baking blend just use the same measurement. For almond flour you want to use at least twice as much!
With using Nillis baking blend. Do we use the additional 1c almond flour too?
Yes, still use the cup of almond flour.
Michelle Foster says
OMG! This is SO WORTH the time! Thank you for this scrumptious recipe!
JM Kinsey says
Thank you for all of the sweetener variations!