(This post may contain affiliate links. They cost you nothing extra but help support my blog. Thank you!)
Yes, you heard that right, Seafood Lasagna. I had a lovely friend challenge me to make a Seafood Lasagna. I mentioned that to my husband and he was ALL FOR IT!
We grew up in the south on the coast of Texas (near Galveston) so seafood is a staple down here. And in the south we eat cheese with our seafood. Yes, so if you don’t like cheese with your seafood, then this isn’t the recipe for you.
I do want to give you fair warning… this is an intermediate meal. Meaning, its not an easy throw together meal. But for a special occasion or for company, THIS is amazing. When I was putting this together I was just praying and hoping it would turn out. One because it took me a while (mainly because my mandoline food slicer broke and I had to do all the zucchini by hand with a cheese slicer…) and two because it wasn’t a cheap dish. BUT IT TURNED OUT AMAZING!!! I’m VERY pleased with this dish. My husband was VERY pleasantly SURPRISED at how good it was. Even my teen daughter was extremely happy with it’s deliciousness!
****Now something REALLY important to this dish is getting out the excess water. Which is one of the reasons it did take a little while. So after you have sliced the zucchini long ways, you want to lightly salt it, place it in a strainer over a bowl with a dish towel over it and then something a little heavy on top. Also remove any extra liquid from the cooked veggies and cooked seafood.
The cool thing about this dish is there are no special ingredients! Nope! Well, unless you think seafood is a special ingredient…
Also, you can use all shrimp or a combo of shrimp and crab or shrimp and scallops or crawfish. Whatever you want. I used shrimp, crab and scallops.
Please follow the instructions completely. Hope you enjoy this yumminess! It is a THM S and low carb.
Items you might want to purchase:
Lasagna Pan (I used a glass 9X12 casserole dish)
Bragg’s 24 Seasonings and Herbs
Seafood Lasagna (THM S, Low Carb, Gluten Free)
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
This is a southern Seafood Lasagna. A yummy cheesy dish full of seafood for any special occasion.
- 2 pounds of raw deveined shrimp (this can be whatever size you want. I used large.)
- 8 oz of cooked crab meat.
- 1 lbs of either scallops (raw) or crawfish (raw) or you can add more crab or more shrimp
- 4 zucchinis sliced long for noodles
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- Half of a large container of fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup of butter for veggies
- 2 tbsp. of butter to cook shrimp in (add more butter to cook scallops & raw crawfish)
- 1/2 cup of butter for sauce
- 1– 8 oz package cream cheese
- 2 cups of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 and 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of heavy whip
- 3 eggs
- 2 basil leaves chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Clean and deveined the shrimp or crawfish.
- Strain all the water out and place on napkins to remove water.
- Slice zucchini into long noodle length.
- Lightly sprinkle zucchini with salt.
- Place in a strainer in a big bowl.
- Place a dish towel on top with a couple of canned goods on top.
- This will allow the excess water to drain out.
- Do this for at least 15 minutes.
- Next place the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms in a heated medium dish with the butter.
- Add in fresh baby spinach and cook until wilted.
- Once cooked remove and drain off any excess water.
- In a skillet add the 2-4 tbsps. of butter on medium heat.
- Add your shrimp and crawfish.
- Cook until the shrimp or crawfish is done (two minutes each side should do it.)
- If you are doing scallops cook on higher heat for two minutes.
- Allow the scallops to rest before chopping.
- Remove any excess water.
- Add all cooked seafood to the veggie mixture.
- Add in the chopped fresh basil leaves.
- Add three eggs.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Mix well.
- Begin your sauce.
- In a medium sauce pan place 1/2 cup of butter, 1 cup of heavy whip, 1 package of 8 oz cream cheese.
- Melt on medium heat until all is combined.
- Add the parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9X12 glass dish.
- Remove the zucchini noodles from the strainer.
- Please on a dish towel and press each “section” gently before you layer, to help remove extra water.
- Place a big scoop of seafood mixture at the bottom of lasagna pan.
- Pour a big scoop of alfredo sauce over the top.
- Add zucchini layers.
- Once all ingredients are used sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and fresh chopped tomatoes and even chopped green onions.
- *** Remove all excess water or the dish will be overly watery.
This looks amazing!
Thank you! <3
Marcel from smartlyreviewed.com says
Thanks for your delicious post. I’d definitely try out that. Btw, do you have the picture of the cheese slicer you used?
It looks like this… Cheese Slicer
Looks delious. GOT to try it.
Indeed what an amazing work 🙂 A working slicer would make it much easier
Just an idea, have you ever tried grilling your zucchini after salting it and draining? I use a George foreman so it’s not Smokey. This helps a lot with excess water. There’s a low carb crockpot veggie lasagna revote out there that does this. It turns out really good.
That’s an awesome idea! Thank you!
I made this recipe which was absolutely AMAZING!!!! I had sand crab pesto lasagna once in Brisbane Australia and I have been telling people about it for years! So I googled a seafood lasagna and found this! It was such an amazing dish! My housemate and partner loved it!! I added pesto and used canned crab and a seafood filler that we have at the deli here! Believe it or not I not a huge seafood fan! So I didn’t want it too overwhelming with the fishy taste!
Thank you so much for this recipe! What a treat!
And I should mention to everyone the author is right!! Getting water out of zucchini is a lot of work!! But worth the effort!!
YAY!!!! I am so so so happy!!
I love to eat seafood and I see how your cooking includes a lot of seafood. I think it will be a great gift for me on my next birthday. Thank you very much!
Debbie Bankston says
I made this for Valentines Day. Amazing flavors. Not sure I got enough water out of the zuchinni, and also forgot to add the eggs to the sauce. I used a potato peeler to slice the zuchinni, it may have been skinnier slices, but seems to work ok. Will definitively make this again and again. Thanks for the recipe.
Valery Mora Kepley says
Can you prepare this ahead of time, like the day before, and then cook it? Trying to prep for guests. Not sure how the zucchini holds up.
Yes, you could but not for longer than a day for sure!!
Patricia Smith says
What is the Whip in this recipe. I am confused.
heavy whipping cream
Christina Henry says
This came out perfect! I used my own homemade Alfredo sauce with shrimp, crawfish and spinach, I’m so full off one small piece!
Helen J. Regina says
Wow! whats is an amazing recipe!