(This post contains affiliate links.)
Key Lime Pie is one of my one of my husband’s favorite things!
I’ve never liked it much… BUT I must admit I LOVE THIS ONE!
This one is zingy and tart and sweet and the crust is AMAZING too!
The crust is NOT my own creation but I did tweak it to be THM friendly.
For the sweetener I used the THM Gentle Sweet which is a perfect mix of stevia, erythitol and xylitol.
If you would like to purchase it through my affiliate link you can purchase it here… THM STORE.
So starting with the crust, I found THE PERFECT CRUST RECIPE here at HealthNutNations.com.
I tweaked it a little to go along with my THM Lifestyle. I will add my tweaks to the recipe card.
This would be an S for my Trim Healthy Mama Friends!
I hope you enjoy this! It’s very simple with easy ingredients that you should have around.
The only baking is the crust. After the crust has cooled you put the pie filling in and add the whipped topping, then place in the fridge.
If you what a bigger whipped topping just use more heavy whip!
A tangy, sweet, and scrumptious Key Lime Pie that is not only gluten free but nut free, sugar free, and low carb. AND IT TASTES GOOD!!!
- Make Pie Crust… the link is up in blog post.
- I made it THM by using 2 tbsp of THM Gentle Sweet (you can use the same amount Truvia or Pyure Stevia) instead of honey and adding about 1 tbsp more of coconut flour.
- Press the crust into a well greased pie pan with your fingers.
- Spread it out well.
- Cook like recipe says.
- Key Lime Filling-
- 1 – 8 oz package of room temp cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of THM Gentle Sweet or Truvia or Pyure Stevia (add more for xylitol or Swerve)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Juice from half a lime (save other half for whipped topping)
- Lime zest from 2 limes use most of it in this filling save the rest for whipped topping.
- 1/4 tsp of xantham gum or 1/2 tsp of gluccie (this is optional but does help it thicken)
- Whipped topping-
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of THM Gentle Sweet or your favorite sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Juice of half a lime (that you saved)
- Lime zest (same a sprinkle for the very top)
- Bake pie crust as recipe says.
- Allow pie crust to cool completely.
- Mix all Key Lime Filling together until smooth.
- If adding the xantham gum or gluccie add it in last.
- Pour into the cooled pie crust and smooth around.
- Mix up the whipped topping.
- Pour over pie filling.
- Sprinkle a little lime zest on top.
- Place in the fridge to cool and harden.
- Serving Size: 8